Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Endyn modified JRSC dyno plots?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Sheepdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2001
    Posts
    116
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with SSBP.

    It could be modern day snake oil.

    I think the problem is that everyone wants to get Endyn SC that puts out close to 400hp for around $3000. So people stick around to see whats up.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheepdog:
    I agree with SSBP.

    It could be modern day snake oil.

    I think the problem is that everyone wants to get Endyn SC that puts out close to 400hp for around $3000. So people stick around to see whats up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I don't know. True we don't have dyno plots (other than Atomics), but to have "suckers" as SSBP said, you have to have people claiming to be ripped off. Atomic doesn't dispute that Endyn does what it says it can do, just that their was some fucked up business exchange.

    Until someone claims to been ripped off with the SC mod, (that we can somehow reasonably verify) I'll withhold judgment.

    I must say, it's quite a scam, if it is. Most companies that scam, sell junk, or stuff that doesn't measure up, or nothing at all(that you still pay for). Endyn, if I understand the accusation, is selling a lot of good products, but scamming us otherwise. Of course, you don't have a scam until you've been ripped off as far as I'm concerned.

    [This message has been edited by reddelsol (edited June 28, 2001).]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's another question.

    Most people know engines flow can be improved in several manners both through parts and labor like port and polish.

    Why is it so unlikely the Jackson blower can't reasonably be notched up in performance?

    I think Larry claims temps of around 10psi while running 16. We already know people are running these blowers around 10, 11, without being modded. So, what is so amazing about Larry's claims? Nothing, if you ask me.

    Of course, we still don't have those dynos, from a bunch of average joes around here, but fuck, find the scam that we should worry about.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reddelsol:
    ...but to have "suckers" as SSBP said, you have to have people claiming to be ripped off...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    When it's horribly embarassing how much money you spent on something, you don't complain much.

    That's why so few scientologists (sp?) complain. They're embarassed to admit they spent tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars to be told that we evolved from clams and are really the masters of the universe trapped here on Earth by the Invaders from the Third Wave. (True scientology! No kidding! They don't tell you that until they have so much dirt on you from confessions that almost no one will turn on them.) They'll probably come after me now!

    Greg

  5. #25
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew there was a reason I didn't post here very much. You just can't give an opinion without somebody wanting "proof", or "numbers". I didn't need proof...on paper, anyway. Everytime I drove my car, not at the track, and not on a big ass roller hooked to a computer, but on the street, where it matters, I smiled. And I did not feel cheated in any way. Numbers is not all that matters to me. Just personal satisfaction.
    Larry has free advice anytime I want it and has a great product at a fair price. I have spent little to no, time trying to defend him and/or his products on this, or any of the boards. He doesn't need my defense, he's a big boy. And he sure as hell doesn't need our business.
    Somebody asked for something, what I had was my personal experience with the product. I gave it, freely. Take it, or leave it.

    ------------------
    Phil
    2001 S2000, stock

  6. #26
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holden:
    They'll probably come after me now!

    Greg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    They might. If I remember right, Scientology has a team of lawyers to make sure people aren't saying bad things about them or posting stolen documents on the net.

    Well, they wouldn't say "bad", they would say "misrepresented".

    Apparently you can say a lot of bad stuff about Endyn, so it must be the embarrassment.

    smile


  7. #27
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hooper:
    I knew there was a reason I didn't post here very much. You just can't give an opinion without somebody wanting "proof", or "numbers".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I think the original poster has reasonable doubts though -- and for most of us it's hard earned money we have to consider spending.

    It's a little worse than buying a 60 dollar intake, and finding out it's not worth crap.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Daemione's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm. I didn't mean for this to turn into another Endyn vs. Theworld thread.

    What follows is a synopsis of the limited information/hearsay that I've been able to scavenge from multiple message forums regarding Endyn and their work. Here we go . . . . .

    Endyn is a small company which produces extremely high quality, over-engineered work.

    However, since it is a small company, the amount of work they are able to produce is limited, which means stories of Endyn products are much more commonplace than the products themselves.

    There are just too many EXTREMELY faithful Endyn fans for me to believe that their work is all a crock.

    However, for some reason, those who manage to build & run engines using Endyn advice and technology do not feel it is necessary to have objective data on what they have done (which frustrates me to no end).

    Here's what I have come to understand about the fabled supercharger mod: The work on the supercharger produces very little whp on it's own. What it does is allow the SC to run at much higher levels of boost without raising the intake temperature, which is what limits the stock unit to ~10 psi. However, in order to run at 17, 15, or even 12 psi requires strengthening of internal components. So by allowing the supercharger to spin at higher levels of boost - we necessitate building the bottom end of the engine in order to successfully run those high levels of boost.

    So if what I've said above is correct, the only major question is my original one . . .

    Is it worth 1,500 to have the modification done?

    How much labor is being performed? From what I understand of the procedure, it requires no parts, just pure labor. So if we (very) generously allow $150/hour labor charges, by the asking price we should expect it to require 10 hours of labor per unit. I find this hard to believe.

    So once again, I'm left at a loss of what to think. Everything I've heard about Endyn's pricing is that they're more than reasonable, considering the quality of the product they produce. Yet here we have a service sold as a stand-alone purchase. This service appears to be drastically overpriced, and has little benefit without further (expensive) modifications.

    I guess that's all I've got for now. And please, please, PLEASE bear in mind that I am pulling most of this directly out of my ass w/ little to no evidence, and I still have not been able to find any dyno plots which would back any of this up.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 00civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2000
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well his was running at 13 psi with stock bottom for over 2 years, and it held together through some rough detonation but, in all honesty I have seen the blower rework, met Larry talked with him for quite a while as well as experienced his products and how they perform and they do perform well.. that is from experience and I can say this with confidence.
    --Adam

    [This message has been edited by 00civic (edited June 29, 2001).]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daemione:
    Is it worth 1,500 to have the modification done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well, as far as labor, I remember reading not long ago, Larry saying it is somewhat of bitch to do the mod even with the right tools. (working in tight areas at times I believe is the reason).

    As to the price -- you could ask yourself this (assuming everything works as advertised) If Jackson racing sold a blower that would run at 16 psi with it's current average price plus 1500 hundred dollars would you buy it?

    I'm sure the power returns are diminished from 10 to 16psi, but how much, I don't know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •